Sweet Potato Gnocchi
4 1/2 cups
Homemade sweet potato gnocchis are easier to make than you might think. And so worth it. All you need for the gnocchis is sweet potatoes and flour! Can you believe it, just two ingredients to make delicious vegan gnocchis? Once your gnocchis are done, you can add flavor with olive oil, garlic, salt and other spices you like. Enjoy!
- 2 cups sweet potatoes
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour, (plus more for kneading)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt, to taste
- Steam your sweet potatoes until they are soft.
- Remove skin, put it in a bowl and mash well using the back of a fork or potato masher.
- Add flour (½ cup at a time) and knead very gently after each addition. (don’t over knead or else the dough will get too tough).
- Once dough forms, divide it into quarters.
- Roll each quarter into a long and thin strip about ¾” or 2 cm wide.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the gnocchi into 1” or 2.5 cm pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling add some gnocchis to the pot. Let them boil until they start floating.
- Once they float, transfer them to a bowl. Repeat until all gnocchis are cooked.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Once warm, add garlic and saute for 30-60 seconds (watch to not burn the garlic).
- Turn off the heat and add gnocchis to the pan. Stir around to cover gnocchis with garlic oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve warm.
Tastes excellent with sauteed onions, kale, mushrooms and/or collard greens. Sprinkle nutritional yeast for extra nutrients and flavor.
Other Vegan Recipes You May Like
Flavorful cranberry sauce without any added sugars. Date sweetened only.
The best vegan crepes made with whole wheat flour.
Very sweet and tasty apricot jam without any added sugar. Sweetened with apricots only.
Healthy vegan no added sugar balls. Perfect as a snack or a special treat.